Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Baa Baa Smart Sheep



2011 NZ Post Book Awards

Every year we look forward to reading the finalists in the NZ Post Book Awards. We are lucky to have a teacher (Mrs Pringle) who has purchased all of these finalists for our school library. Click on the above link to see who the finalists are!

The other day we read Baa Baa Black Sheep...and we rolled all over the mat with laughter! To cut a long story short...it is all about a very smart sheep who tricks the turkey into eating a pile of poos!!! Ew!!! We loved it!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Room 10 - I'm the Web Editor at Booksellers NZ (we run the NZ Post Book Awards) and I loved reading your review of Baa Baa Smart Sheep. Can't wait to hear what you think of the other books. Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Room 10. Rowan Sommerset here, the Illustrator of Baa Baa Smart Sheep. It's really swell to hear you enjoyed Baa Baa. When Mark first read the story to me it made me laugh for days too! I walked around the house saying, "I'm a turkey!" and I knew it had to be the next book we did. Thanks heaps for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ever since reading your review about BaaBaa Smart Sheep I've been trying to find to book to share with Room 4. I'm happy to say I finally found it and we laughed and laughed and laughed. What other great books have you been reading?

    Hope you're all keeping well and I'm happy to say, I've just posted a little surprise for you. I hope you enjoy your present from Room 4.

    ReplyDelete